APTA KS Classifieds
Physical Therapy Education Faculty
The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) at Rockhurst University is seeking applications for two full-time tenure track faculty in the Department of Physical Therapy Education. Teaching, scholarship, and service expectations are dependent upon applicant experience and background.
Rockhurst University is a welcoming and inclusive private Catholic, Jesuit institution with a strong mission aligned with the core values of physical therapy practice. The DPT program is one of four academic departments housed in CHHS, including Communication Sciences and Disorders; Health, Physics and Applied Sciences; and Occupational Therapy. Rockhurst’s Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program is known for its innovative teaching using a broad range of active learning experiences, close faculty-student interactions, and our strong mission focused on service, advocacy, and leadership. The faculty have established close relationships with many community partners, enabling community-based service learning for students and clinical practice opportunities for interested faculty. Rockhurst DPT students are often commended for excellence in academics, professionalism, service, and leadership. Additional details about the Physical Therapy Program are available on the program’s website, click here: https://www.rockhurst.edu/physical-therapy
Kansas City is an affordable city located in the heartland of the nation with a metropolitan population of 2.5 million people. It is known for its barbeque, jazz heritage, sports teams with enthusiastic support, and numerous cultural opportunities. Additional information about Kansas City can be found here: https://www.visitkc.com
Required qualifications for the positions include:
• Terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, DSc, DHS)
• Teaching in a PT professional program (adjunct and/ or core)
• Eligible for or possess or be eligible for Missouri PT licensure
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
• A commitment to interprofessional collaboration, service and teaching methods to develop reflective leaders in health and human services who are ethical, inclusive and compassionate professionals.
Preferred qualifications for the positions include:
• Teaching in the area of content expertise (differential diagnosis, pediatrics and neuroscience are preferred)
• Record of scholarship and a defined research agenda
• Record of service to the profession and/or community
• A strong background of clinical practice
Positions will remain open until they are filled. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications. Applicants who would enhance the diversity of the University, such as individuals from historically underrepresented groups, are strongly encouraged to apply. All application materials must be submitted through our online application system. Please submit your Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and 3 references to be considered for this position. Rockhurst University is an EOE employer and uses E-Verify. Questions or inquiries about the position can be directed to Dr. Marcie Swift, PT, PhD, Chair of the PT search committee: https://www.rockhurst.edu/directory/faculty/marcie-swift
For more information or to apply, visit: https://apptrkr.com/2025304
October 20, 2020
|Location:||Kansas City, MO, USA|
|Website:||Click to visit|
Abilene Physical Therapy and Sports Rehab is seeking a Licensed Physical Therapist for Full-Time Employment.
Our clinic works with a large Orthopedic population as well as offering Vestibular Rehab, Parkinsons/Neurological Rehab, Pelvic Floor Rehab and Sports Performance services. We are looking for a physical therapist with excellent clinical as well as interpersonal skills that desires to work in a team environment. The primary responsibilities include patient care and light involvement in community education.
- Possess State Licensure and a Graduate of an Accredited Physical Therapy Program.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Strong Orthopedic Clinical Skills.
- Motivated individual and willing to be an active part of our staff.
- Ambitious and possess a good work ethic!
- All levels of experience will be considered.
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Vacation/Sick Leave
- Performance Bonuses
- 401 K with Employer Match
- Medical & Dental Plans
- Prescription Coverage
- Paid holidays
- Continuing Education $1000 Annual Allowance
- Licensing Fees/Professional Association Dues Paid
- Malpractice Insurance
Contact Tonya Mills, PT/Owner to learn more about this incredible opportunity!!
Ph# 785-263-3646, Fax # 785-263-3689
September 29, 2020
|Company:||Abilene Physical Therapy & Sports Rehab|
|Location:||103 N.W. 15th Street, Abilene, KS 67410|
|Phone:||785.263.3646||Website:||Click to visit|
Mathis Rehab Centers, Mathis Physical Therapy – Full Time – Manhattan, KS
Rare Opportunity! Mathis Rehab Centers is seeking a full-time Physical Therapist. This position will provide orthopedic therapy for our patients. This opportunity will serve the Manhattan and nearby Junction City, Kansas communities.
One of the nation's top living places: Manhattan KS
Enveloped comfortably in the heart of the breath-taking Flint Hills, Manhattan is a thriving center for tourism, business, education, entertainment and health care. Among Livability website's ratings of The Top 100 Best Places to Live, Manhattan in 2018 ranked one point behind Ann Arbor, Mich.: No. 2 nationally.
In 2019, the same ratings placed Manhattan in the No. 16 position from listings derived among more than 2,000 communities! Gateway to the Flint Hills of North America, Manhattan is an outdoor-lover's paradise.
Manhattan and the surrounding area features a renowned land-grant university -- the nation's first! -- in Kansas State University, highly-respected home of the Big Red One at Fort Riley, plus established fine arts, naturally beautiful landscape, exciting K-State Wildcats sports and a wide range of additional attractions.
· Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
· Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
· 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
· Flex Savings/Dependent Care Plans or HSA accounts
· Critical Care, Cancer, Accident plans
· 1,400.00 annual CEU Allowance
· MedBridge subscription paid
· Professional License and Professional Association Dues Paid
· Liability Insurance Paid
· 12 Paid Days Off PLUS 7 Holidays = 19 days first 2 years of employment (PTO) then +
· Annual PTO Sell Back Option
Relocation expense may be negotiated
· Provide assessments, treatments, instructions and other physical therapy services according to the scope of practice limitations per State statutes
· Evaluate patients/clients, develop a plan of care with associated goals including quantifiable physical and functional targets
· Retain the responsibility for all delegated tasks to other licensees and support personnel.
· Ensure proper and adequate supervision of the Physical Therapist Assistant and support personnel
· Participate in professional and facility enhancement programs and activities as required
· Completes all required documentation
· Effectively communicate with patient and staff
· Assist with and/or carry out routine cleaning/maintenance of the clinic, patient care equipment, and supplies in accordance with regulatory standards and EHS policies and procedures
· Abide by all facility policies and procedures and educational requirements
· Comply with all local, state and federal regulations training and instruction requirements, as well as any other standards that govern healthcare services
· Perform other duties as assigned and permitted by law & training
Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program
License to practice Physical Therapy in Kansas
July 2, 2020
|Company:||Mathis Rehab Centers, LLC|
|Location:||1133 College Avenue, Manhattan, KS, USA|
|Phone:||785.320.6616||Website:||Click to visit|