Physical Therapy Education Faculty- Tenure Track
The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) at Rockhurst University invites applications for two full-time tenure track (11-month) faculty in the Department of Physical Therapy Education. We’re looking to start one position in January 2020, with the other beginning in August 2020. Rockhurst’s Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program is distinctive for its quality teaching using a broad range of active learning experiences, close faculty-student interactions, and our strong mission focused on service, advocacy, and leadership. The successful applicants will join a dynamic faculty in a program recognized for excellence within the University and the community.
Responsibilities of these tenure-track positions include teaching and advising students, conducting and mentoring research, and participating in Department and University committees. Candidates with a strong background in research methods and/or kinesiology are highly encouraged to apply.
Rockhurst University is a welcoming and inclusive private Catholic, Jesuit institution with a strong mission aligned with the core values of physical therapist practice. The DPT program is one of four academic departments housed in CHHS, including Communication Sciences and Disorders; Health, Physics and Applied Sciences; and Occupational Therapy. The College is committed to being learner-centered, and service- and community-minded. The faculty have established strong relationships with many community partners, enabling community-based service learning for students and clinical practice opportunities for interested faculty. Rockhurst DPT students are often commended for excellence in academics, professionalism, service, and leadership, and graduates of the program are highly sought for employment. Additional details about the Physical Therapy Program are available on the program’s website: http://www.rockhurst.edu/physical-therapy.
Located in the heartland of the nation, Kansas City is an affordable city with a metropolitan population of 2.5 million, known for its barbeque, jazz heritage, sports teams with enthusiastic support, and numerous cultural opportunities. Additional information about Kansas City can be found at http://www.visitkc.com/.
Required qualifications for the positions include:
• Terminal academic degree (PhD, EdD, DSc, DHS) completed or in progress
• Possess or be eligible for Missouri PT licensure
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
Preferred qualifications for the positions include:
• Teaching experience at the post-baccalaureate level
• A strong background of clinical practice
• Ability to contribute to teaching in research methods and/or kinesiology
• Record of scholarship and a defined research agenda
• Record of service to the profession and/or community
Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications. Applicants who would enhance the diversity of the College, such as individuals from historically underrepresented groups, are strongly encouraged to apply. Questions or inquiries about the position should be directed to Kirsten Potter, Chair of the PT search committee, at [email protected] or 816-501-4486.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early. Applications received prior to September 1, 2019 will be reviewed first. Positions will remain open until they are filled. Rockhurst cannot accept any application materials (resumes, cover letters, etc.) by email, mail, or walk-in. All applications and application materials must be submitted through our online application system.
Interested candidates should submit electronically a letter of interest that includes a statement of teaching philosophy; curriculum vitae; and names and contact information for three professional references.
Rockhurst University is an EOE employer and uses E-verify
For more information and to apply, visit:
September 26, 2019
|Location:||Kansas City, MO, USA|
|Contact:||Kirsten Potter||Email:||[email protected]|
|Phone:||816.501.4486||Website:||Click to visit|
Memorial Health System Sports and Rehabilitation Department is seeking to hire a full-time Physical Therapist. Not only are the employees at MHS amazing and "like family" but the town of Abilene is equally as great! The location of Abilene is fantastic as well as being centrally located.
This is a Full-time position Monday-Friday only
- Performs and documents initial and ongoing assessments of patient's condition
- Establishes a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family according to their capabilities and desires
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and treatment setting
- Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs
- Supervises and delegates the care provided by physical therapy assistants according to established licensing laws, state regulations and practice standards
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and take appropriate action
- Minimum Required Education: Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy required
- Preferred: Master's or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy
- Licensure/Certification: State licensure as a Physical Therapist
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Minimum Experience: None required
Attractive Benefit Package Available including childcare!
To be considered for employment please submit your resume and application online at www.mhsks.org
For more information please contact:
- Department Director, Jeff Sanborn, 785-263-6831
- HR, 785-263-6657
Don't let this exceptional opportunity pass you by. Come be apart of our team!
September 27, 2019
|Company:||Memorial Health System|
|Location:||511 NE 10TH STREET|
|Phone:||785.263.6657||Website:||Click to visit|